- Fun to fly and FPV/HD camera ready
- Up to 3 camera mounting stations
- Plug-in wing and winglet sections for easy transport
- Powerful brushless motor with folding prop installed
- Digital metal-geared servos installed
- Carbon-reinforced, hollow-core construction with durable Z-Foam™ material
- Lightweight design with a wide performance envelope
- Vortex generators for better slow-speed stability and control authority
The Opterra™ 2m flying wing is the collaborative effort of George Hicks and Mike McConville – two of model aviation’s premier aircraft designers. Together, they have created some of the best flying RC airplanes in the world. This one is no exception. Its lightweight construction, long wingspan and efficient aerodynamics give it a wide range of capabilities that includes everything from sport aerobatics to soaring. It even gives you the ability to put yourself in the pilot’s seat with FPV gear while using a GoPro Hero 3, Hero 4 or similar class camera to record HD video at the same time.* This Plug-N-Play® version comes with the motor, ESC and servos installed. All you need to do is finish some final assembly, install the receiver, charge a battery and fly. *Cameras and FPV gear not included.
Advanced Aerodynamics and Lightweight Construction
Central to the aircraft’s amazing capabilities are the advanced aerodynamics that shaped its design. In addition to its efficient airfoil, winglets and fins on the fuselage help the model track true in all kinds of air. Vortex generators near the leading edge of the top of the wing, and just ahead of the elevons on the bottom of the wing, enhance slow speed stability and control. The airframe itself is constructed of carbon-reinforced, hollow-core Z-Foam™ material that keeps weight to a minimum while maintaining strength and rigidity.
Easy to Assemble and Transport
One of the model’s most impressive features is how easy it makes it for you to take it with you anywhere. Its plug-in wing panels and winglets are secured with thumbscrews so assembly or disassembly can be done in a matter of minutes. And the box it comes in is designed to function as a carrying case complete with a handle.
High-Output Brushless Power System with Folding Prop
The high-output power system provides more than enough power for carrying camera payloads or performing sport aerobatics. When you want to power off and grab a thermal, the folding prop reduces drag so you can glide longer.
Up to 3 Camera Mounting Stations Available
In addition to a sleek, low-drag nose for soaring and flying aerobatics, the Opterra wing includes an optional camera nose with up to two forward-facing stations for FPV or HD cameras. There is also a downward-looking camera bay in the belly designed for GoPro Hero 3, Hero 4 and similar HD cameras .
The camera nose includes four foam inserts.
• Insert for GoPro Hero 3 and Hero 4 Cameras
• Insert for the recommended Spektrum FPV camera (see below)
• Insert for other FPV cameras
• Blank insert that can be custom cut for other payloads
It also has an external mounting station for low-profile Mobius or Legend HD cameras. This allows pilots to mount an HD camera on top of the nose and an FPV camera in the nose.*
Needed To Complete
What's in the box?
- Full-range, 4+ channel transmitter with elevon mixing
- Full-range, 4+ channel receiver
- 2200-3200mAh 3S LiPo flight battery
- 3S compatible LiPo charger
- (1) Opterra 2m PNP
- (1) User Manual